Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding


I just finished reading The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding on my kindle. The authors, Al Ries and Laura Ries delivered some very important points and warnings about self-destructive business trends. "Becoming all things to all people" and the basic loss of focus on what made your company so prosperous in the first place, is a common theme throughout the book. The concepts of narrowing your brand's focus, creating a new product category and the benefits/limitations of selling online were unlike anything I've read so far. Interesting to note the book was published in 2004, but I still found much of the information valuable for today. It gave me a more clear perspective on what it really means for a business to "dare to be different" or "stand out in the crowd". You may find yourself skimming certain chapters later on in the book, but it's still a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment